- An Exercise Physiology driven program, with Occupational Therapy input through cognitive screening
- It is an all in one program that involves components of moderate to high intensity aerobic exercise combined with cognitive training
- Studies have shown that combined physical activity and cognitive training significantly improves cognitive functioning in older adults
WHAT IS IT?
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Clients range from Mild Cognitive Impairment to Early Onset Dementia
- Any clients wanting to increase their cognitive capacity and mental agility
HOW DOES BRAINFIT RUN?
- An initial 60-minute Exercise Physiology assessment and 60 minute Occupational Therapy cognitive assessment
- 12 weeks of 2 x 1-hour 1:1 sessions with an Allied Health Assistant per week involving:
- Moderate to high intensity aerobic exercise, coupled with;
- Cognitive dual tasks that involve memory, attention and visual processing
- A 30 minute Exercise Physiology and Occupational Therapy mid-point assessment to assess individual program trajectory
- A 60-minute Exercise Physiology and Occupational Therapy final assessment
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT?
- Improvements in attention and concentration – resulting in improved independence, engagement and participation with everyday activities, including independent travel, planning and scheduling appointments, medication management etc.
- Exercise with 1:1 support providing a non-intimidating environment